Here is just a random sampling of the writing events and activities that took place all across the country on I Love To Write Day. Please e-mail and let us know how you celebrated I Love To Write Day.
* The President of the Inspirational Writer’s Fellowship in Brookvale, Pennsylvania, encouraged all of their members to write a note of gratitute to someone special in their life.
* Students at a school in South Carolina visited local nursing homes, and helped some residents to start writing their life stories. This was their third year with this project!
* Freelance writer Cheryl Beck visited the New Haven High School in Michigan and spoke to the students about how to become a stronger writer.
* Freelance writer Diane Rau visted a school in Elkton, Maryland for the second year in a row. Students were excited to hear tales of how writers find interesting things to write about.
* A 5th grade class at the Cottonwood Elementary School in Wyoming heard about I Love To Write Day from their local Reading Council and spent the day on a variety of writing exercises and activities.
* 5th grade teacher Christine Perri at the Wyandotte Elementary School in Louisiana spent I Love To Write Day encouraging all 41 of her students to write in their journals.
* Candace Sorondo, a waitress from New Jersey, calls herself “a writer at heart,” and spent I Love To Write Day working on an essay. She has also written for her church newsletter.
* Author, Screenwriter, Freelance Writer and Copy Editor Judi Silva from Massachusets visited several bookstores and libraries to help spread the word about I Love To Write Day.
* Freelance writer Andrea Allison celebrated I Love To Write Day by writing a short story for a contest, and working on the third chapter of her first novel. She also brainstormed a bunch of new book ideas and short stories that she will pursue in the coming year.
* Terry Doherty, founder of The Reading Tub, a nonprofit organization dedicated to literacy and reading with children, received a flyer about I Love To Write Day and posted information on their Website at www.thereadingtub.com. She is encouraging all of her members and supporters to sign up for the 2005 I Love To Write Day.
* The Millville, New Jersey public library worked with the Booksmith bookstore in Vineland, NJ, to host a huge I Love To Write Day event at the Cumberland Mall. It was an all day event that featured speakers, exhibits, displays, and it was attended by “lots of people!”
* A special thanks to the 5th grade students at the Saint Mary Magdalen School in Millville, New Jersey. Together with teacher Maureen Ellis, they wrote letters to the Governor of their State, and a few days later, he “officially proclaimed” November 15th I Love To Write Day in New Jersey.